I'm working on my real blog right now, this is only something I put up for now. Do NOT judge me or my company by what you see here :D Post something if you want! And visit http://www.firetown.com - it's good for you! :) Also: Add me as a friend on these social networks and visit the Political Network

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Political SEO

Came across a post by Aaron where he asks about what we think about the job that Presidential Candidates and their teams have done when targeting keyterms that could help web searchers get on their side and it got me thinking.
So rather than posting an article there, I do it here and want to tell you why this has been causing me to remember me first blogging when I had no clue what the blog was going to be.
Presidential candidates change their voices, maybe not their stand but the way they prioritize with their issues and so many times they get adviced to just cool it and move to another subject that makes them look better than their opponent. Before you target a term, you need to know that you can benefit from it before you spend time energy and money on it.
It has to be worth your while.
There are certain terms that will always be good, but how about the many phrases that are often so small but add up and would cause people to pay more attention to you since people typing those things in should be an indicator that those issues might be important enough to the searcher to decide their vote upon it.
I think all Presidential candidates have failed when it comes to using the web to get their word out and not targeting the undecided voters more. McCain is keeping things as simplistic as he can, Obama decides he hasn't said something he actually did and Hilly just tags along waiting for her chance to make the headlines with whatever is popular RIGHT NOW, so as always, there is nothing really anybody wants to stand for to the point where it cannot be changed later.
Or so it seems.
Had is been me, I would have ordered my staff to write huge articles about what impacts the gasprices and then add my 2 cents on how to fix that.
Same with the war, same with whatever else.
You don't always have to make all of your content say what you want to say. BUT ... you can keep info general and then add some of your opinion to it to where it makes sense to the general public and leads them into your direction.
Will be interesting to see if in 4 years the candidates will have a better grip on this. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Engine News and Information

Fire Town Web Design and SEO Services

Mission Statement: The purpose of this blog is to state the obvious in better ways. If you have any suggestions, email me.