I'm working on my real blog right now, this is only something I put up for now. Do NOT judge me or my company by what you see here :D Post something if you want! And visit http://www.firetown.com - it's good for you! :) Also: Add me as a friend on these social networks and visit the Political Network

Monday, August 25, 2008

Seth Godin

Seth has suggested clicking on Google ads as a way of saying "Thank you!" to the bloggers who create content you like to read. Of course, a donation button should be clicked instead if you really like it.
But in his defence there is something I need to say:
Not all clickfrauds are created equal, and while clickfraud in general is downright theft, and encouragement to click a couple of ads can still benefit the company which is paying for the ad. It's exposure. No, I do not believe in clicking Google ads to say "thank you", but let's not forget that real clickfraud, the one costing advertisers billions, involves high volume clicks and not a couple of clicks here and there to say "thank you" to a blogger.
What I have noticed is that many people on several networks already are doing this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Mike are you in Costa Rica or San Diego.

Since Seth said to click on Google ads....

....what do you suggest for getting people to click on my link?

http://www.nichedominator.net

Watch where it goes....!

Brian
CR

August 26, 2008 at 5:30 PM

 
Blogger Mike Dammann said...

I would suggest not suggesting it ;)
And I am in Costa Rica, Nicoya Peninsula. Where are you?

August 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Engine News and Information

Fire Town Web Design and SEO Services

Mission Statement: The purpose of this blog is to state the obvious in better ways. If you have any suggestions, email me.