I'm working on my real blog right now, this is only something I put up for now. Do NOT judge me or my company by what you see here :D Post something if you want! And visit http://www.firetown.com - it's good for you! :) Also: Add me as a friend on these social networks and visit the Political Network

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Forums and social media .... the future?

I predict a lot less forum activity in the future. Personally, I have not posted on any forum in about a week. Social media and especially facebook are so much better for networking and I personally cannot see how many new forums will survive.
I believe that many of the older forums will be around 100 years from now, and people will say "wow, I wonder what it was like to be around back in those days when people like Mike Dammann posted". Or something like that. No, I am not flattering myself, just thinking it's cool to be a part of something new. So anyways, unless you have a really good idea, I would not recommend putting up another forum about something that has been done so many times before.
Start a social network, come up with some ideas. Forums are generally speaking for people who also like to read books. Social media is like watching TV.
Not everybody reads books, but almost everyone that I know does turn on the tube.

That is where I believe the future to be headed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Engine News and Information

Fire Town Web Design and SEO Services

Mission Statement: The purpose of this blog is to state the obvious in better ways. If you have any suggestions, email me.