I'm working on my real blog right now, this is only something I put up for now. Do NOT judge me or my company by what you see here :D Post something if you want! And visit http://www.firetown.com - it's good for you! :) Also: Add me as a friend on these social networks and visit the Political Network

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Universal Healthcare

To many Americans this is a keyissue in this election. I grew up in Europe and remember my aunt sending my cousin in the U.S. money, because they couldn't afford their doctor bill at the time and I was thinking "No free healthcare? Since when do you have to pay a doctor?".
Years later I wound up in the position where I wound up in debt over a surgery my wife needed and I realized that indeed, there are situations in life where you do need help. But the reason it happened was because I delayed singing up for a healthcare plan the company I worked for offered by a week and guess what, within that week the emergency arose.
I do believe that the free market is the only way to go given that everyone has an opportunity to rise and succeed. Unlike Europe where you have a strong class system, America does not judge people by their background. It's actually a badge of honor having grown up poor and succeeding at the end while in Europe it's not that easy finding respect amongst the upper class if you dad was a plumber.
I choose a society where I have the opportunity to fight for my needs over one that puts me in a box and then hands me a cookie here and there to shut me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Engine News and Information

Fire Town Web Design and SEO Services

Mission Statement: The purpose of this blog is to state the obvious in better ways. If you have any suggestions, email me.