I'm working on my real blog right now, this is only something I put up for now. Do NOT judge me or my company by what you see here :D Post something if you want! And visit http://www.firetown.com - it's good for you! :) Also: Add me as a friend on these social networks and visit the Political Network

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Should politics and business be completely seperate?

Many have advised me that voicing my opinions is not good for business.
Following my Facebook group to help keep America from making a HUGE mistake I have made many new friends but also received messages from friends who even though some of them agree with my posts, don't think it's a good idea and even have told me that they are going to "have to" remove me from their friends, because associating with me may offend some of those they network with.
My comment to this is that you have to respect the other people's choice.
My choice to air my views, and theirs to not mix business and politics.
I personally believe that those with a voice online should go for it if they want to do it.
Voicing your political opinion can help and it can hurt, but regardless, it will bring along headaches.
Am wondering what you guys think?
What do you believe is the right thing to do for someone whose blogs get traffic and who has an opinion.
Share it or lay low?

~ Mike Dammann
http://www.firetown.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Lever said...

The thing about Facebook is that it's a social network, not a business or political network. If I want business networking I head off to LinkedIn. As for political networking, well that's something I'm not interested in; I have my opinions but I'm not going to try and turn people to my way of thinking and especially not on Facebook.

The notion of turning people conjures up the impression of both preaching and propaganda, each having its own negative connotations. Preaching is a religious endeavour and if you respect other people’s opinions then you will not force your god upon them. Propaganda is more political and quite often ideological and militaristic. Again, one cannot change one’s views by force, not in this day and age anyway.

So respecting other people’s choices means finding sincere & natural discretion, genuine intuition and true sensitivity. Don’t tell a balanced moderate to vote for the right, nor a pagan or atheist to vote for a Christian, worse still trying to sell the merits of a creationist to a scientist.

So to answer your question, Mike… should business and politics be completely separate? Generally and for now I think yes. Politicians are supposed to be public servants and often end up as the servants of those with the biggest wallets i.e. big business. Business, until now, has lacked social and environmental responsibility so for now keep business out of politics.

And as for keeping politics out of business? Business provides a product or a service and makes money. Politics has nothing to do with the overwhelming majority of everyday business and the same goes for religion. Religion should have nothing to do with business or politics.

One might have a deep-felt conviction toward religion or politics but sit back, relax and ask yourself: does projecting your own opinions upon others actually achieve positivity and balance or do they divide, offend and cause conflict? Do you understand who you’re dealing with, do you respect them as much as you demand their respect?

I can’t force people to respect the planet as I cannot make them balance and moderate their views. I can only hope that they will learn and understand and find true harmony.

Peace.

October 14, 2008 at 3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Engine News and Information

Fire Town Web Design and SEO Services

Mission Statement: The purpose of this blog is to state the obvious in better ways. If you have any suggestions, email me.